Lonergan DDS COVID-19 Response
Our dear patients and family,
As uncertainty around the coronavirus exists, we want to assure you that the health and safety of our patients and employees is our priority. We are taking appropriate measures to help minimize all risks for our patients and staff.
After weeks of only being able to provide emergency and essential dental care as recommended by local authorities and the Louisiana State Department of Health, we are excited to let you know that we are now able to continue routine dental visits and other time-sensitive dental procedures and services. If you would like to schedule or reschedule an appointment, you may reach us at Patrick Lonergan DDS Phone Number (504) 887-1700.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. Due to the circulating coronavirus (COVID-19), we are asking patients with any flu-like symptoms, runny nose, sore throat, cough, and/or fever WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS to reschedule their appointments. Additionally, we are asking any patients who have traveled or who could have been exposed to the coronavirus WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS to reschedule. We work hard to provide a safe, clean, sanitized, and healthy environment for all our patients, staff, and their families.
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Some new things you can expect for your dental visit include:
- You can expect a few extra questions in regards to COVID-19 symptoms and exposure when we call to confirm your appointment. This is part of the screening process to keep our office as a safe and healthy environment.
- We are asking patients to stay in their car and call our office upon arrival. We will let you know when we are ready to seat you. This is to avoid having patients gather in the waiting room. Our office number is Patrick Lonergan DDS Phone Number (504) 887-1700.
- We are asking patients to wear a mask when coming in. Patient masks will have to be removed during dental procedures, but worn on your way in and out of the office.
- Before being seated, all patients’ temperatures will be taken.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you. Praying for all those affected by this pandemic and for protection and wisdom in moving forward. We will make it through this!
Love and prayers,
Dr. Lonergan and staff
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html